“Using my in-depth knowledge, I intend to help women, men and couples to positively impact their life by experiencing physical and emotional changes by deeply looking inwards, regenerating and then taking the right direction on their fertility journey.”
– Simone Sesboüé
Professsional Qualifications & Expertise
Extensive Scientific Expertise on Mental Work:
- Several years of scientific research on stress/burnout; e.g. a doctorate (Ph.D.) from the University of Bern, Switzerland – Link to my book
- Senior lecturer and researcher at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Switzerland (2013-2018): In-depth research knowledge on human cognitions (e.g., judgment, stereotyping, mental barriers) and how they affect our behavior; leading change and transformation
- Freelance senior lecturer at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), Switzerland (2018-today): Teaching “Change Leadership” for experienced leaders
- Certified INNER CHANGE® Coach at Dr. Bock Coaching Academy Berlin/Zurich
- Certified Life Coach (DBCA) at Dr. Bock Coaching Academy Berlin/Zurich
- Trained in line with the high professional standards and ethics of International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (Mindventure), certified by National Guild of Hypnotists (USA)
- In-depth seminar on “Hypnotherapy for Infertility” with Dr. med. Kirsten Kossel at University Duisburg/Essen
Healthy Lifestyle Expertise & Mind-Body-Medicine:
- Herbert Benson, MD training in Mind-Body Medicine at Harvard Medical School
- Mind-Body Medicine training at the Chair of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Prof. Dr. med. Gustav Dobos, University of Duisburg/Essen
- Continuous developments in the areas of cognitive restructuring, mindfulness, anti-inflammatory nutrition, personal growth, dealing with change
- EMOTION Magazine: I have been repeatedly selected to be included in the prestigious coaching database of German woman magazine EMOTION
- BRAINZ Magazine: I have been invited to be an Executive Contributor by global digital magazine BRAINZ where I regularly publish articles on Infertility related topics
What makes me special as a coach
I am devoted to life in all its facets and firmly believe in a deep meaning of our being. This basic attitude combined with an authentic, self-determined and compassionate life leads to wonderful encounters with depth.
It is important to me to create a trusting, warm and compassionate environment in which my clients can feel safe to give space to all their thoughts and emotions.
I work very well-founded and a high-quality accompaniment is very important to me, for which I also regularly attend further training. In addition, I only accompany a limited number of clients at the same time in order to support the personal change processes very individually and to always be able to maintain my quality. With powerful tools and a lot of sensitivity, I want to make the personal transformation as easy and as enriching as possible.
My Infertility Journey
My husband and I were always dreaming of having a family together. After a first miscarriage we started to realize that having a baby would not be so easy for us. Finally, I was being diagnosed with endometriosis and an autoimmune disease. A few surgeries followed, and I had to undergo hormonal treatments.
After several early miscarriages, we faced a traumatic experience of losing our little Noël at 19 weeks gestation.
I was a Ph.D. candidate at the time, investigating stress and burnout, when the realization came that I was exhibiting many stress symptoms. My body was sending me all signs of stress response such as constantly waking up at night, an inability to fall back asleep, severe headaches, and persistent irritability.
My husband and I searched for alternative treatments and consulted a variety of complementary health practitioners in the area of hypnosis, Chinese medicines, yoga, nutrition and psychotherapy. I also participated in courses to overcome my fears of not having a baby.
I was slowly starting to feel better, as if some life was returning. But many doubts and fears were so firmly anchored that I could not look positively on the future time of having children. And so I continued to find this life situation extremely stressful. At some point I understood that I myself have many resources to lead myself out of the feeling of helplessness and overwhelming situation.
What followed was an intense and wonderful journey to my inner self. In the peace and quiet, I found strength and back to my basic trust, which ultimately, together with all the practical anti-stress tools, made me gratefully accept my life even with an unfulfilled desire to have children.
Finally, after more than three years we welcomed our son and since received a gift of two more children.
Looking back at those years of hope and disapppointment, joy and sadness I can proudly say they have marked me profoundly – in a positive way. The journey, albeit incredibly challenging, has taught me to become more grounded, conscious and present in my life, believing strongly in my mind and in my body and not to lose my trust in life in stormy times.